The Centre was inaugurated on 19 July 2003 by Mr. M.V. Subbiah, Executive Chairman, EID Parry (I) Ltd in the presence of the then President of Rotary Club of Madras,Mr. D Sudhakara Reddy, Dr. M.S. Swaminathan and Mr. S. Venkitaramanan.
The main objective is to provide 24 x 7 medical care for old aged people and to enable them to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- There are 11 single rooms, 4 smaller rooms and 20 double-occupancy rooms, with attached bathroom.
- A nominal amount towards rent and food expenses is collected every month and basic necessities are met with.
- A common room with dailies and magazines is available.
- Bhajan sessions are conducted periodically.
- A doctor visits the residents once in a week as part of the services provided.